Spring cleaning in the winter
- Posted on [January 15, 2007 ] @ 2:00 pm
- Write comment
It isn’t spring yet, but I’ve started to spruce up my blog and make it easier to use. Search Engine Land had a good article with 25 tips for optimizing your blog, and I’ve tried to do most of them. Some changes you’ll see:
* Feedburner and other common feed reader links on the left
* List of related posts on individual article pages
* Not to much bling in the left column. Just Flickr, LibraryThing, and LastFM widgets. MyBlogLog was too slow, so I removed it.
* #25 in the list says to “Use great sections” – but I don’t think people actually use them. You either read a post, click a related link, or search. I may list my section names in the bottom left to see if anyone clicks them. If not, I’ll remove them again.