Leaving Belgrade tomorrow
- Posted on [November 10, 2007 ] @ 1:40 pm
- Write comment
What an interesting city. I’ve been in Belgrade, Serbia for the last four days for work and will be heading home on Sunday morning. A few random observations:
* I’ve seen a lot of people walking dogs and it seems like a pet friendly city.
* The Internet connection at my hotel isn’t stable and it was the first time I’ve had difficulties sending a 5MB file in a few years. This is a reminder of connection difficulties that people have in emerging countries…
* A lot of the major chain stores are here (Nike, McDonalds, Zara, etc.) but I haven’t seen a Starbucks (yet).
* Everyone is smoking everywhere – a reminder of how nice the EU and US non-smoking laws are!